SSG 747-8 – Update 1.8 available
SSG announced today a new free update for their 747-800i & F.
This is available via X-Updater (more informations here)
This version of the SSG 747-8 includes a new Navigraph AIRAC dataset that will fix some problems related to SIDs, STARs and approach procedures that sometimes were not found when airports/runways changed in X-Plane. This new dataset also allows for a much faster load of airport information into the FMC. Keep in mind, this also changes the method by which future AIRAC databases will have to be updated for SSG 747-8 Series V1.8. Instructions are included with this update.
Other changes include:
– Adjusted smoothness of the autopilot during turns using LNAV
– Adjusted autopilot parameters to address problem of oscillations with glideslope engaged
– Improved frame rates
– Fixed issue when entering certain airports such as KORD caused errors
– Fixed issue of “ghost” runway appearing in SID or STARs
– Improved “direct to” function in the FMC LEGS PAGE.
– Improved FMC handling of waypoints speed and altitude restrictions
– Now a TOGA at 50 feet above the ground should result in entering LNAV for the missed approach
– Improved takeoff abort behavior
– Improved fuel prediction versus real fuel consumption
– New SASL 2.5 plugin
For those who don’t know this product, look this video from Thomas Rasmussen.